Prospect Gardens Summer Time

Prospect Gardens Summer Time
Summer Scene

Saturday, May 16, 2015

Wisconsin Cactus

Yesterday while doing the last cleaning out of a new area of the gardens I met John.  John came peddling up on his bike and small trailer full of empty buckets. He was looking for me and after an introduction told me he has extra Wisconsin Cactus that he was hoping could find a home along the garden and that I would accepted.  He had already talked to David the lead garden for the butterfly garden just down the path from Prospect Gardens. David had accepted John's offer. David told him about me so John was on the lookout for me. My first reaction was disbelieve that there was such a plant but John assured me that particularly every state has cacti. We enjoyed our bantering and I agreed to take a few cacti. So Wisconsin cacti will be joining the gardens.  

No comments:

Post a Comment