Prospect Gardens Summer Time

Prospect Gardens Summer Time
Summer Scene

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Special Visitor To Our Backyard Garden

The backyard of our home on the next block south of the Prospect Gardens has its own gardens. We purchased our home in 1986, returning back to Wisconsin when our daughter Emily was about 18 months old. I left Wisconsin in either 1975 or 1976 (can't recall the exact year anymore) for Oregon and then in 1980 found my way to Bloomington Indiana and Indiana University. I completed a doctorate in education in 1983 while having a full time grant funded position. We lived in the Boston area for nearly three years.

As the years have gone by the gardens surrounding our small backyard have expanded.Yesterday while resting from tending the gardens and enjoying a cup of tea, a regal dragon fly came to visit, landing on a fern three feet to my left.  This delicate and strong being must love publicity. It didn't mind at all as I moved in close to snap the picture with my I phone.   

No comments:

Post a Comment