Prospect Gardens Summer Time

Prospect Gardens Summer Time
Summer Scene

Friday, May 1, 2015

Mulch King and His Court

 Pictured here are Bob the "Mulch King" and his court. Bob loves to mulch and is really good at it. Lady Ann contributed delicious brownies which she delivered in the bag she holds. So yesterday the King and his Court devoted about two and half hours to the art of mulching during a spring day full of sunshine. Note the green hat on my head. That hat is from the late 1970s and from when I lived in Portland Oregon. Purchased it form, REI (if I recall right) and when REI was just located in the Northwest. It was designed to keep the rain from falling down the back of your neck.  It's a great hat for gardening. Keeps the sun from beating on my neck and my bald head. 

 I also put in about 10 new prairie plants. Janice a former colleague and now friend thinned out her rain garden and we benefited with  the addition of purple cone flowers, golden Alexanders and wild columbine. Thanks again Janice. 

The Mulch King
The Court: Jake, Ann and Ernie

No comments:

Post a Comment