Prospect Gardens Summer Time

Prospect Gardens Summer Time
Summer Scene

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Working In Solitude

April 29, 2015
Cleared and Ready To Plant

The soul warming spring continues as does tending the Prospect Gardens.  I worked alone today and yesterday for about a total of five hours.  I enjoyed the solitude while at times missing the companionship of my neighbors and fellow gardeners. Ernie stopped by on his way to quote him "Look over the back 40" (the path area boarding his property). We had a nice chat along with some good belly laughs.  

Tasks included weeding and preparing a new area for planting. Near the end of the 2014 season, Laura and I "accidentally" cleared an area West of  what was the then boundary of the gardens.  I say accidental because we did not intend to expand the gardens. However, as we proceeded to clear out the weeds and vines we kept moving west and soon discovered that we reached the electric pole.  For some reason, electric poles serve as boundary lines.

I have this dream of gardens along the path up until the recently installed butterfly garden to the West of Prospect Gardens. My aging body tells me that to achieve this dream will require either a miracle or convincing property owners to take on areas bordering their back yards. So this is another project for another day and time.

Meanwhile, Bob the mulching king is eager to spread mulch . So tomorrow at 1 p.m. we will begin and diminish that pile of 45 bags.

No comments:

Post a Comment