Prospect Gardens Summer Time

Prospect Gardens Summer Time
Summer Scene

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Bike Ride and Asters

I need a dictionary or a thesaurus to adequately come up with superlatives for today's weather. As evening descends, allow me to just say today is one of those incredible late Wisconsin summer days that will linger in my memory: blue skies, temps in high 70s, low humidity and a cooling breeze. Perfect for my mid-morning bike ride.

Madison has so many great bike paths with many routes. I traveled west on the Southwest Path to the roundabout (yes a bike roundabout) and then onto the Cannon Ball Path.  The Cannon Ball takes you past the southern side of the Grady Tract and Greene Prairie; part of the University's Arboretum and south of the Beltline. I ended at Fish Hatchery Road, turned around and headed back home.  I would say it was about a 16 mile trip. I never keep track of my mileage and especially on a day like today.


 Okay, let's now focus on the gardens. September brings the  asters. Their pastel colors are a lively contrast to the fading foliage, while signaling that fall is arriving and winter is just around the corner.

Here are three pictures of asters for your enjoyment. Tomorrow will be another beautiful day. The asters will continue to show off their blooms while ignoring for now their impermanence. 


No comments:

Post a Comment