Prospect Gardens Summer Time

Prospect Gardens Summer Time
Summer Scene

Tuesday, August 11, 2015

August Scenes and Cat Stevens

Impatiens in the Foreground
 Time has slipped away from me since my last entry. We have ventured into mid-August and the slow but sure turning of the seasons. Here are a few summer scenes from Prospect Gardens. I have been busy putting together a presentation about my ancestors for an August 30 family gathering.  While writing about my ancestors and being aware of the rapid movement into August, I am recalling the message from one of my favorite songs from the 1970s, the then Cat Stevens: "Oh Very Young."  Perhaps you recall this first verse from "Oh very young"

"What will you leave us this time. You're only dancing on this earth for a short while.  And though your dreams may toss and turn you now
They will vanish away like your daddy's best jeans
Denim Blue fading up to the sky
And though you want him to last forever
You know he never will
(You know he never will)
And the patches make the goodbye harder still"
Cardinal Flower in Full Bloom


Let us continue to dance while mindful that yes we are here for a short while. Likewise, the August blooms of Prospect Gardens will be with us for a short while. In the meantime, I rejoice in their splendor and am grateful for this warm Wisconsin summer day.

This evening we will go to the annual summer ice cream social just down the street. I will savor the ice cream while enjoying our neighbors.
 

Elderberries just about ready.

Nodding Onions
T

No comments:

Post a Comment